Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday in Vlad

Today, we stayed very busy. We spent the entire afternoon zipping around Vladivostok finalizing paperwork, etc. Shane was required to go. Trey and I had the option of going. Since Trey loves to ride in cars (machinas)so much....we opted to go along. Trey and I stayed in the car while Shane had to go into several federal buildings. He signed our positive court conclusion. He also completed Trey's passport application. His passport will be ready tomorrow! (Fast processing....woo! hoo!) Tomorrow, Trey also will be getting his final medical here in Vladivostok. We are looking forward to talking to the doctor and learning more about Trey's medical background.

I want to update you on the sale of our house. We had an offer last week and we spent a great deal of time in negotiations (it's not that easy from the other side of the Earth!). Anyway, we have come to an agreement and the closing will be at the end of May! Yeah! Praise the Lord!

Also, we are really excited for my (Kathy) brother, Dave. He is the trainer for two of the contestants on the show, "The Biggest Loser". Anyway, the finale is going to be on Tuesday night (April 15th) and Dave has been invited to be there! He is soooo excited! And if his clients win, he will be able to go on-stage! How cool is that? I have always been a huge fan of this show. However, this season has been even more meaningful because my brother has been training these two people (after they were sent home). By the way, if you watch this show....please don't tell me who wins. I have the last few episodes Ti-voed...and plan to watch them after we return to the U.S.

Finally, we are attaching a few more pictures of Trey. We have taken so many...we might as well share a few more.

God's Blessings,
Shane, Kathy, and Trey




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is TOOO exciting! I'm glad to know about the show with David too. Also exciting. And wonderful news about your house selling. I'm glad things are falling into place for you.

I'm so happy to see all those 1000-watt smiles in the pictures. Trey's smile could definitely light up a room, and I'm so happy about how he has already lit up your lives. And your adventures with him are just beginning!

Lots of love, Tom and Martha

Anonymous said...

All this great news is so exciting! Your progress with Trey, the 10 day waiting period your house, your brother -every morning I turn on the computer and get my "good news broadcast!" Shirley says you will have to keep this up after you get home (traditions you know)! What a difference a couple of days make - it was in the 40's yesterday again, predicted 50's and 60's rest of the week. Snow is going really fast! Keep grinning!

Love Ya! Larry G........

Anonymous said...

Now I can't wait even more to watch the show Finale. I'll keep my eyes peeled for David while I watch. I'm so excited for that, your house, and your son! I've shared pictures with friends and everyone comments on how much he looks like you guys! I'll say it again, I can't wait for you to come home!! Nikki

Anonymous said...

He is ADORABLE!!!! We're happy to see pictures of Trey - he has his mom's smile!
Thanks for posting pictures and God's Blessings to all of you as you begin your trip home.
The Krages

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

SO EXCITING!!! We LOVE that show and plan to watch it tonight!

CONGRATULATIONS on selling your house!!!!!

Love the pictures of Trey. He really is such a beautiful boy!

Carey and Norman said...

As you know, Trey is adorable. I was so glad to see pictures on your blog today. I'm only able to check the Internet every couple of days and enjoy reading your posts and seeing the new pictures was definitely a bonus today!

I'm so excited that your time in Vlad is coming to an end and you will now venture home through Moscow. Can't wait to see pictures at St. Basil's Cathedral!

Patti said...

I love the pictures - the three of you look like you've always been a family! I'm glad things are going so well, and your house is sold too - praise to God!