Saturday, April 5, 2008

Another Night Together

We don't have a lot to report....other than our last night went well together. Trey laid down so well for bed. He didn't fall asleep right away, though. Shane and I both kept falling asleep and he was WIDE AWAKE throughout an entire movie! Nonetheless, he didn't get up and finally turned in.

We crack up when he repeats English words. His first English phrase is "Give me 5!" He also has started saying "Fool!" because he heard this on the movie "Happy Feet". We have no idea why he likes this word so much.

Trey and Shane are both laying in bed talking away right now....laughing and cracking up. I suppose that we will give him a bath soon. He LOVES baths! Then, we'll be off to breakfast, so he can eat and make eyes at the waitresses. He really is a hoot! Never a dull moment.

Thanks again for all of your emails and comments on our blog. We are reading them and cherishing them. We apologize if we don't get back to you right away...it's just hard to find time with this active 5 year old zipping around all the time.

Thanks again. We love you all so much!

God's Blessings,
Shane, Kathy, and Trey

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trey sounds like a hoot. I predict he'll have a fan club among the waitresses soon, if he doesn't already. And he's already picking up some English! What a smart little guy! Keep the updates coming. They're SUCH fun to read. Love, Tom and Martha

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new family! It sounds like you ALL are doing so well -- I'm so happy to read your updates. And amazing that you got to have him BEFORE the court...what a shocker that was! Enjoy this time together...hope you'll post some pics of him so we can see this cute little charmer of yours!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both on your new son and God's blessings to your new family.
Love, Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all! Mitch & I are so happy everything has gone so well for you there. Enjoy the time together - who else gets to have a 10 day vacation when they become parents! By the way I can't believe you held a 5 year old for an hour and a half in the car! You'll build up your Mommy muscles in no time doing that!

Melanie, Mitch & kids

Carey and Norman said...

I think it is great you are having such a great time in Vlad. Trey is cracking me up all his flirting. I guess those blue eyes do attract the women.

Our little one loves baths too. I didn't expect this. She is still a picky eater, but we are making progress.

I am looking forward to seeing pictures!

Wade and Amy Williams said...

Congrats to you and your new family! We are going on trip 1 to Astrakhan on 4/18. I've checked out your blog here and there, but just today noticed the link to Concordia! I teach for a Lutheran School in St. Charles, MO. I'm working on my colloquy right now and should be traveling to River Forrest for my exit interview next fall. Again-Congrats on your new son!!!