Monday, December 3, 2007
Volleyball Party!
Last night, Shane and I hosted my entire volleyball team for our annual "End of the Season Party"! So, we had 22 people (including ourselves) in our tiny house! I have to say, everyone found a place to sit and we had a blast! It was so good to have the team together again. We had dinner (I ordered catered food from Portillo's Restaurant. YUM!), then the girls all exchanged their "Cougar Pal" gifts, then the team held a "surprise" Baby Shower for us, then we gave out some awards and senior gifts. We ended the night with a photo slideshow from the season and a devotion. The night couldn't have gone any better! It was so much fun to have Shane see my team in their element. He sees them play lots of volleyball....but he has not been around their humor and their quirkiness nearly enough. He laughed A LOT! They are such a fun group of people! I definitely embrace the times that we have together.
I can't wait for Trey to meet his "big sisters" on the volleyball team! He doesn't know it yet....but he has lots of babysitters just waiting for him to arrive home! I told the girls that I definitely want them to be a part of his life. I want him to know them and they are so excited to meet him! I'm sure that he will become a little gym rat...chasing volleyballs around the gym...and learning to play the game as well. He's destined to be into sports, living with us. :o)
We have our regular DCFS Monitoring Visit tomorrow with our social worker from CHI. We are anxious to talk to her to see if she can give us any more insight about to our 2nd trip. We're pretty sure that she won't have any news....but we'll ask anyway. We'll let you know if we find out anything new!
Take Care and God Bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
The party looks like so much fun. I love the little sparklies on everything in the slideshow. I can really picture the little gym rat scenario. How fun! We once had our church family over for a progressive dinner when we were living in a 3 story 1300 sq ft town house. THAT was interesting! I think they sat in evrey nook and cranny to eat their salads. People still talk about that.
Sounds like you had fun.
We didn't get any monitor visits with our Russian adoption. :( That's really cool.
Great party. It sounds like a nice surprise to have a baby shower thrown for you. What great girls! Trey will love them too.
We hope you get some good news from CHI and that you will be traveling shortly after the holidays!!
Post a Comment