Monday, December 17, 2007

You Will Never Believe This....

I have a confession to make...... Tonight..... I baked! For those of you who know me pretty well, you probably just fell off your chair! This is a rare occurance....like...this might be the only time that I baked in 2007! Anyway, I have been wanting to make something "Russian". So, the other day, I looked up the recipe for Borscht--a type of Russian soup. After reading the ingredients, I opted to pass on the Borscht--Beets? Cabbage? Yuck! No Thanks! Therefore, I kept looking. I came across a recipe for Russian Tea Cakes. They are like little cookies and they are really good! They weren't too difficult to make either! :o) I'm so excited for my little Russian Tea Cakes! I may have to bring some to the Gebhardt Christmas this year! YUM!

I should mention that it's not like I can't cook or bake....it's just that it's so much simpler to keep meals easy....such as: frozen pizza, spaghetti, ordering pizza, etc.!! However, I am attempting to make a better effort in the culinary department lately. Hey! I'm going to be a mom any day now! I need to increase the options for dinner. Don't you think?

Anyway, I just thought that I would pass this wonderful little event on to you. Ok...now, you can get yourselves off the floor (from disbelief) and move on with your day! :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Russian Tea Cakes are my FAVORITE!!!!!! That is my Christmas cookie of choice that my mom makes for me. I'm impressed that you took the time to make them. WAY TO GO!!!! I could have used your baking skills for my party this past weekend!!!!!!!!! Will you make them for me next time I see you? Nikki

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Keep it up and you'll be putting Julia Child to shame! I don't think I've ever had Russian Tea Cakes but they sound yummy. I know of one little guy who will love them too, when he comes home! Love, Aunt Martha

Carey and Norman said...

Russian Tea Cakes sound delicious. I love to bake sweets, but I do not care to make dinner foods. We stick to the basics: spagetti, pizza, tacos, etc. too. Easy to make and quick to clean up!

Glad to see you are staying busy during the wait!

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Those cookies just happen to be my favorite. The power of your suggestion is so great I think I will call the girls right now and we will go make some! You are an inspiration you little Martha Stewart, you! :)

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Mmmmmm....those cookies sound so good. I love to bake but haven't made those before so I'll have to try them! I'm not much of a cook though, I must confess, and my mom told me for months before we brought Owen home that I needed to learn to make some dinnertime meals. Did I? Nope! Have we survived? Oh yes we have! :) Don't worry a bit. Gerber makes great 30 second toddler meals!!