If you would have told me that we would be sitting here at Christmas, with no son....I would have never believed you. When we left Vlad, I thought that I might not even be able to finish my volleyball season due to our 2nd trip. Then, November came and went. Now, December is rolling by.....and we still don't even have travel dates. This is so depressing. Literally, all that I wanted for Christmas was a child of my own...... I guess that we will continue to wait for our little guy. We just hope and pray that he is doing well this holiday season. We will also continue to pray that we get some news SOON. My next hopeful date is the 26th. We, obviously won't hear anything before then because even if his court date is set in the next few days.....our agency will be closed until the 26th. We REALLY want to hear some news soon.
Sorry to vent....especially during such a festive season. It's just been disappointing. I would have never guessed that we would endure such a wait.
Shane and I are leaving for Minnesota tomorrow morning. We will be spending Christmas with his family. It will be nice to get away and it will be nice to see the Gebhardt side of the family. We're not sure when we will be returning to MN....it may be a while due to all of our adoption events. Therefore, it will be good to make this trip.
We hope that all of you have a wonderful, safe, and blessed Christmas. Even though, our December hasn't gone as planned, we can certainly rejoice in our Savior's birth. He is definitely the "Reason for the Season". MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
It is nice that you can have the pleasant destaction from your waiting of the holiday and family time. God is so merciful. Contentment is something I always have to fight to maintain in my life. You are right, we do have so much to give thanks for!
I finally caught up on reading your blog from the beginning! I'm so sorry for your wait, but you are right in that God is a part of this plan. I'm sure patience is difficult, especially since you've already met Trey. I hope you are having a great time in Minnesota - we sure have lots of snow. You are in my prayers. Have a Merry Christmas!
I too had hoped to hear news of a court date prior to Christmas, so I can understand your frustrations as you have been waiting much longer than we have. We anticipated a January court hearing when we traveled in September, so we were also hoping to have a date by Christmas.
Many blessings during your wait!
Post a Comment