I apologize that my last post was such a "downer". We were just so hopeful that we would travel before Christmas. I emailed our social worker in St. Louis and she gave some more explanations as to why this is taking so long. Basically, she said that they really need 3 consecutive weeks in order to complete our trip before the end of the year. Between the US holidays and the Russian holidays, it can get pretty difficult to do much in December. She said that basically "nothing" happens between Dec. 21st and Jan. 15th....so this is why we will most likely wait until 2008. It's not the news that we want to hear...but I guess that there's not much that we can do about it.
As I look for what God might be teaching me in all of this....the word, "Patience" comes to mind. I have always thought of myself as a very patient person. However, I am definitely learning otherwise lately. I guess that I am a "work-in-progress" and God is saying that I have SO MUCH to learn. In the end, we know that we will be parents.....it's just going to be a little longer before we can fulfill this dream. I can tell you one thing....we will NEVER take our parenthood for granted. We have had so much time to prepare, pray, and value this wonderful responsibility.
So, again...I apologize. Please bear with me during my "melt-downs". I am a control freak and, right now, I have no control........ The saving grace is that God is in control. :o)
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You don't have to apologize for anything, Kathy. That's what those of us who love you are here for--to lean on. Speaking for myself, I just feel privileged to be allowed to share this journey to parenthood with you. And you're right, Trey will NEVER, EVER feel anything except completely loved and cherished. We're all works in progress, as you say. God is using this time to work His wonders in your hearts, and also in Trey's. Just try to stay strong, and never hesitate to unburden yourself when you need to. That's what we're here for. Love, Tom and Martha
Kathy and Shane,
We are adopting a girl from the Vlad region and traveled for trip 1 in September. We just found your blog. I think I read parts of it prior to yesterday, but another waiting family sent us your link. I can only imagine how hard the wait must be for you. Knowing that your four months would be over in November, I too would have been disappointed not to receive a court date prior to the holidays. It is so hard to wait, isn't it? We've been home just over 2 months, and it has become so much harder with the holidays near. Not a moment doesn't pass that we don't think of our little one.
We look forward to reading your blog over the next few weeks to keep up with your journey for trip 2. Trey sounds adorable and we cannot wait to read more as you travel to bring him home. Who knows, maybe our trips in Vlad will overlap and we can meet in person at the Inn.
Many Blessings to you and your family this holiday season. We will absolutely add you to our prayers!
It is completely understandable. I hope you get to travel on January 16. ;)
We sound so much alike. God uses whatever He wants to get us on the operating table doesn't He? The beauty of it is when he does reconstructive surgery on our hearts and minds, there is never a flubbed job! Please pray for Ira and Lana. They are having a very diffcult week!
Post a Comment