On Sunday evening, Trey and I got out an old fishtank that we had in the garage. We assembled everything and got it ready to make a home for Trey's first pet(s). Then, yesterday (after school), we headed to Wal-Mart to pick out the fish for his tank. We really didn't know what we would choose...but thought that we would just check it out. Well...after browsing the tanks....what did we end up with????? Two Goldfish!!! (I know...we really got crazy with our selection!!). Anyway, they are medium sized and look really healthy. We took these little guys home and showed Papa and then released them into their new home!! Yeah! The only problem that we have now, is that we don't know what to name them. Therefore, if you have any ideas...we would love your suggestions. Trey really has no idea of what to name them. (In fact, when we were at "Build-A-Bear" a few weeks ago, we had the same problem. We needed to name the bear and I am not very creative. I came up with the name "Bob"! Real original, huh?). Anyway, if you have ideas, we would love to hear them.
In addition to our new pets, we have just been extremely busy. School is a BIG part of Trey's days. By the time we get home from school, it's usually 4:30 p.m. Then, we typically ride our bikes, have dinner, take a bath, and then head to bed. The days go by VERY FAST lately.
Next week, Trey will get a break from school, though. I am running a volleyball camp at a Christian camp in Central Illinois. It's a summer camp, where the kids stay in cabins, have campfires, etc. Therefore, when Trey and I are not instructing the campers about volleyball, we will get a chance to swim at the lake, ride bikes, and sing camp songs. It should be a blast! I'll definitely post more later about our camp experience.
In the meantime, we'll work on naming our fish and enjoying our newest additions to the family!
God's Blessings,
Shane, Kathy, and Trey
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Congrats on the fishies! How 'bout Boris and Natasha? ;)
Camp sounds like a blast. Have fun!
~Patti
I have to say that I really like the previous idea of Boris and Natasha. But if not that how about Reba (the Russian word for fish, but also a girl's name) and Karas (the Russian word for carp, but they call a gold fish a golden carp)? Or how about Dima and George after the Russian and American presidents? :)
You could name them Vlad and Stok for that matter!! Or do I do and call them really inventive names like Frank and Fred!! I would have named our bear Bob too. Easy plain names suit for us!!! Let us know what you decide!
Glad to hear everything is going well!
One and Two? Flip and Flop?
You can see that naming fish is not my strongest skill :)
Don't really know of any fun names, but I think something in Russian would be fun.
So glad all is going well for you. Trey is so cute. He will soon be a heartbreaker!
Post a Comment