Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Family Visit



The past few days have been pretty busy. Shane's brother's family came to visit and they met Trey for the first time! They live in Minnesota and have been anxiously awaiting their trip to meet their new nephew/cousin. We had a great time visiting over the past few days. Some of the highlights include: a trip to Navy Pier, going out for pizza, playing outside, and going to the "Build-A-Bear Workshop". After Dave, Cheryl, Josh, and Hannah left, we enjoyed a little time in our subdivision's pool! There are several pictures above that show some of our adventures!

Also, just a report on school. Trey is doing awesome! He loves school and has the best teacher. I try to get a report from her each day on how his day went. She has also gone so far as to email me details about his day. I have an excerpt below from one of her emails. It's so cute and I would love to share it.....


"Trey is honestly doing great! Yes, he's curious, but in a good way...I promise! He needs to check everything out and see how it works and then he's a happy guy! And he's really picking up on our routines too! This morning, when we lined up at the back door to go outside and play on the patio...he said/gestured to me...'Momma come?' and when I told him no, not yet...he immediately did the motions for eating, sleeping, and then he said 'And more computer, then Momma come!' He knew that when we line up at the back door, it's usually at the end of the day, so he thought that maybe it was time for you to come...I thought that was pretty good that he put that together that way. He's really just taking it all in and learning so much! Oh, another thing...I'm not sure if you have playdough at home, but he's been loving playing with that the last couple of days. We have letter and number cookie cutters and rolling pins....yesterday I spelled out his name, today he was showing us numbers...which, by the way, he was ahead of everyone today when I was reading this ocean book that had to do with counting. With each page the numbers went up and before I could even finish the one page he was shouting out what the next number would be...he got the other kids all excited too!"

It's so good to hear that Trey is doing well in school. In fact, we can already see some changes in him after just one week of school. It's amazing how fast he is picking up English and using it each day. He surprises us everyday with new phrases/words and his personality is really shining through. He's such a wonderful kid....we feel so blessed!

God's Blessings,
Shane, Kathy, and Trey

4 comments:

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

A pool in your Subdivision?! When can we come for a visit? I love to read up on how well Trey is doing. He looks so happy. His smile is all the way up to his eyes already! WOW! God is so good to us!

Troy and Rachel said...

That's great!! I love the excerpt from the teacher and that Trey so anxiously awaits for his mama!! His English sounds like it's coming along very nicely and so great that he gets the other children excited about learning too!!

Carey and Norman said...

I'm so glad Trey is doing so well in school. That makes it easier on you to go to work. I think it is great he loves to play on the computer. He might be the next Bill Gates!

Tony and Dawn said...

You know, I have been trying to catch-up on everyone's blogs and I am so surprised to see the changes in their appearance. You little one seems to have grown so much! Glad to hear school went well for him.

God Bless . . .