
Well......the first day of school went GREAT!!! Trey did so well! He absolutely LOVED school and was a good boy (from what I was told). In fact, Trey's teacher called me at 2:00 p.m. yesterday just to let me know how well he was doing. (What a great teacher!!!) She knew that I was probably worrying about him and just wanted to ease my mind that he was doing very well.
Apparently, he spent most of his free time at the computer. (Go figure.....Gadget Guy!) He also loved the playground! And.....he ate his lunch! I was a little worried about what he might do at meal time because he's fairly picky. However, he ate his ham, he didn't care for his beans, and he loved his fruit. In fact, he gave his teacher the thumbs up when they brought out the fruit!
Trey also spent much of his day making kissy faces at his teachers, which also melted their hearts. Apparently, the day was a success! At the end of the day, I met him on the playground with his backpack on and he was running toward me to tell me all about his day. How endearing! His teachers commented that his smile never left his face. I'm so relieved and happy that he loves his school.
Above, is a picture that we took right before I dropped Trey off for school. He looks so cool in his sunglasses, yet so sweet with his Teddy Bear (Mishka). He was definitely excited for school!
Trey will be going to pre-K every day for most of the summer....so I'm sure that he will change A LOT in the next 2 months. I imagine that his vocabulary and his personality will blossom even more as well. It will be so much fun to watch him grow!
God's Blessings,
Kathy


5 comments:
Yeah for a great first day of school! He looked like he was READY to go! That is wonderful! :)
Wow, it sounds like the perfect first day. How great that he had such a positive experience right from the beginning.
Love the photograph! I always think that Trey looks like such a big boy, so to see him in grown-up shades, yet with his teddy bear, is too cute :)
I'm so glad it went well for him. Sounds like you have a little charmer on your hands! Sons are so fun. I feel so thankful to know you and your husband through adoption. It is neat to know other Christian people who are willing to risk big things when God whispers to their hearts - to OBEY - and to praise Him when He comes through is such awesome ways!
Way to go, Trey. I agree that the picture is too sweet. Like he is ready to grow up, but still wants the comfort of his bear, Mishka.
I'm so glad he loved school. I am looking forward to ours starting Mother's Day Out in August. I know they'll love it!
So good to hear, Kathy! What a little trooper. To God be the glory. After all of that long waiting, you guys have been so blessed with Trey and he is blessed to have you both. Thanks for continuing to post on our blog and encourage us in our wait. Good news is sure to come soon!
Post a Comment