Thursday, March 6, 2008

Just to Clue You In.....

I know that several of you have been wondering, "Why haven't the Gebhardts received their court date?". I would also like to know the reason for this.... At this point, there seems to be some confusion on (what else????) documents! Now, our rep in Russia is saying that there are 4 documents that she is missing. They cannot set our court date without them. We definitely sent them over to Russia. Our agency in St. Louis mailed them and they should have been received at least three weeks ago.

We are extremely frustrated at this point and are requesting (once again) for your prayers. I really hope that we don't have to re-do these documents. For some of them, it will be the third time that we have requested to get them.....UGGGHHHH..... I am just asking that you pray that they will find our documents (which must be in Russia)....and please pray that we get a court date soon.

Thanks in advance for all of the support, prayers, and encouragement. We truly value everything that you (our blog readers) are doing for us.

10 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

I'll be praying specifically for your family and that these documents are found. Hang in there. I can only imagine what you are going through. Please keep us posted and we are thinking of you.

Lindsay said...

I cannot believe this is happening to you. I am so very sorry and will be praying that your documents are found and your court date set. Thinking of you all.

Melissa said...

Wow. We will keep you in prayer. I am SO ready for you to get back to Russia. And if I'm ready, I know you are totally 500% BEYOND ready. Hang in there...

junglemama said...

That has got to be very frustrating. I am so sorry. Sending prayers your way.

The Wilson's said...

I'm with you. Document chasing is no fun. I hope that everything works out sometimes there is just a miss communication. I do hope that is the case because I understand how frustrating it is.

Carey and Norman said...

Kathy,

I'm so sorry to hear that they still are waiting on documents. Irina/Lana never mentioned anything to us about waiting for documents. They acted like they had just received them. I know the wait must be so hard. Know that all of us in Vlad were thinking of you this week and concerned for you and your family as two families had experienced the same wait as you.

You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Many Blessings,

Carey

Mary and Michael said...

I hope those documents are found quickly and that you receive a date very soon. I cannot imagine how difficult this long wait is for both of you. Sending prayers your way.

Patti said...

Unbelievable - wow, you are in my prayers. Maybe someone can hand carry them over, if they are going to be in the region.

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

I just can't imagine what is going on with all this. You must be so discouraged. Yet, for even this there must be a divine reason. Your timing to return will be perfect no matter how overdue it feels and I know it must feel so overdue to you by now. You will truly be amazed at how this frustration and aching yearning dissapates instantly when you finally receive your court date. Hang in there! This delay may have been a sock in the guts to you but remember that it was no surprise to your Heavenly Father who loves you (all 3) perfectly. He is still in control and is still the author of your family! For your sake, I pray He writes your next chapter soon!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how frustrating this must be for you. We will continue to keep you in our prayers and hope for a more efficient and quick handling of this adoption moving forward.