Whew! I'm EXHAUSTED! We moved this week (and we continue to move small items). We are sooooo excited about our new home! It's so much bigger than our other place. It's extremely exciting to me to be able to find a place for everything! We have lots of closets and cupboards and square footage! No more totes full of stuff in our shed....it all fits inside, like it's supposed to! Our old house has absolutely no storage space....so our new place is really amazing! (I get excited about the little things, can you tell?) Anyway, the move went well, despite the fact that a winter storm occurred in the midst of it. Nonetheless, we are settling in and we are so excited to start 2008 in our new home and to bring Trey home to such a great place.
The 2nd reason that I am so exhausted is due to the adoption paperwork, worries, and uncertainties. I usually don't have any trouble sleeping....however, the stress that has come from this adoption has definitely kept me up at night. We have accumulated all of the necessary documents.......except one. It's a document that our agency needs to provide and right now.....they can't get it. Long story.....I don't want to bore you with the details. Nonetheless, please pray that our agency will get this document, so we can get our court date scheduled. I can't believe that it's February 1st and we still have not been re-united with our son. I figured that he would be settled in the U.S. and attending kindergarten by now. I would have figured that we would be living in "happy-ever after" mode by now. So, this wait was definitely unexpected. We hope and pray that the worst is over and we can travel soon.
I will definitely post when we hear ANYTHING. I can't wait to pass along news of a court date. Please pray for those who are waiting to be re-united with their children. And, most importantly, please pray for these children--for their health, their safety, and for their salvation. They really need our prayers.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I'm glad your move went well and you are settling into your new home. I agree that you can never have too much storage space.
I'm so sorry that you've had to wait so long to bring Trey home. It is so hard to wait especially when we do not know how our children are doing.
I do think that God is watching over our little ones and keeping them safe. We will pray that adoptions will return to normal in Vlad and that we receive court dates next week! Eventually, there has to be a next week with news of court hearings and travel!
Congratulations on completing (almost) your move! Hopefully you'll feel like it was worth all the struggle once you are settled in. It will be a good reminder of our adoption struggles and how we'll look back at all the trouble, but feel like it was all worth it in the end. Now, if only that day could come soon! Here's praying that the next week Carey mentioned will come soon! You are both in our prayers with a special prayer for your documents to come through soon.
Oh, Kathy,
I'm sorry you've had to wait so long. Your heart must be aching to hold your sweet boy again. I pray for Trey and that you will be invited to return to him soon. I hope that document gets taken care of this week too!
Congratulations on your new house! It's so much work but also so exciting to move to a new house. We can't wait to see Trey's new room! :)
The day will come when you are on that plane once again to return to Vlad. I know it seems forever away at times as you wait with no news of a court date in sight, but it WILL happen. I hope this next week is the one!!
Enjoy settling into your new home!
It is neat that you have something so exciting to hopefully help you time pass quickly. It will be great b/c when the nesting thing settles in on you it will help you get all the more done in your new home. We have 17 below zero here tonight. BRRR! I had to drive my hubby to the airport so he can fly down to TX and the 70's for a few days (for work). I HATE airplane travel otherwise I'd be jealous. Hope your week brings good news on your piece of paperwork.
Post a Comment