We haven't received the document that we have been waiting for. Therefore, we are moving on to Plan B. Plan B requires us to switch to a new homestudy agency in order to get the DCFS document that we need. I never thought that it would come to this. However, at this point, it looks like our best option. I really hope that our new homestudy agency can act quickly on this, so we can return to Russia for court soon.
I can tell you this....if we hadn't already met our son....and if we hadn't felt like God brought us together, we might feel like giving up. This adoption has been one of the most difficult things that we have ever experienced. We've had some big "highs" and some really low "lows". We really don't understand why all of this has happened to us. However, we have to continue to believe that "the prize" is all worth it. I'm 100% sure that he is. It's just so hard to press on when we just continue to get knocked down.
Please keep those prayers coming! We could really use them.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Shane and Kathy,
Please keep in mind that a diamond is just a lump of coal that hung in there under great heat and pressure over a long period of time. That coal might rather not go through it, but after it does, it's greatly prized and highly valued. I hope this mental picture helps you in this difficult time. Love, Tom and Martha
Dear Shane And Kathy
It sounds as if you have made the best decision to get this moving towards a court date. I can only imagine how painful and frustrating this is for you. Does any adoption ever go smoothly?! I doubt it. I don't suppose anything at this time makes it easier; your child is waiting for you, and every single day without your son is a painful day. I know - and you will too - that when the day comes that you hold him in your arms and don't have to let him go again all the pain will fade away. I also know that at this time that is cold comfort indeed.
I took comfort during my wait from the fact that every bump, hiccup and delay taught me something about perseverance, strength, acceptance and patience (the last two being something I greatly needed to learn). I also had to learn I could not control everything and it was ok to ask for help - in a practical and spiritual way: again both things I sorely needed to learn. I believe these delays were there to help me be a better parent - to be the mother my daughter needs and deserves. I think that when God knew I was ready to meet my daughter's needs, He brought her home to me. I hope this helps.
I am praying every day for you and your son to be united.
Blessings.
Kathy,
I'm so sorry for all the obstacles you've had to overcome in your adoption. It would be so hard and yet, you handled it all with Grace. I know you are discouraged, but it will soon be in the past and you will have Trey in your arms. You've been such a great friend, supporter, and encouragement to us and we hope to continue to do the same for you! You will absolutely remain in our prayers for a court hearing to come soon!
Shane & Kathy, I used to be a Vlad family but recently switched regions. I have actually been following your blog for a while. I wanted to just leave a note that I am praying for your family and hope you can get the document you need soon. Take care - Rachel (and Troy)
Post a Comment