This weekend was very difficult because we still have not received "the call". We figured that we might hear something on Friday because it seems that many families tend to hear new information on Fridays. So....we waited through another weekend.
I have to re-direct myself to the verse at the top of our blog. It seems to stare at me and remind me of God's purpose in all of this. There is a purpose..... There is a reason..... I may not ever know what the reason is, but I have to believe that God's will is perfect. So.....I will trust in His timing and I will trust that our reunion with Trey will happen at the perfect time.
Please keep Trey in your prayers. Please also pray for all of the families who are waiting to be united or re-united with their loved ones in the adoption process.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Of course, I am the first to respond, because I check your blog hourly for updates. I know the wait has to be so hard, because we too are starting to feel anxious coming up on four months waiting on Thursday. I am trying to remain positive hoping this week brings good news to many families waiting for referrals and court hearings. I love your verse posted and hadn't noticed it before today. Great verse to focus on as we wait for God's plan to be put into action.
Looking forward to hearing news soon!
Hi!
I wanted to join you as we wait for our little ones in Vlad! We too are using CHI and completed our first trip the beginning of October. I am anxiously awaiting for that phone to ring! Here's to all of hearing good news very soon!
I remember those weekends. It WILL happen. It won't be your last set of 'hard times' in the addition of your son. We have been facing many challenges. The God who held us and gave us strength during the wait is the same God who holds and helps us still. We know He is the same for you! Even though you may think you would at times, you really wouldn't want anything but His perfect timing on this whole thing. Why settle for second best?
Please try and stay positive - I live in the old eastern bloc and many officias only actually returned to work yesterday in Russia after the holidays.
Lindsay
Hi Gebhardts! I've been following your blog for a few weeks now, once I realized it belonged to you guys. We met at the Vlad Inn in July -- I'm Gunnar's mom, just in case you don't recognize my name. You all are in my thoughts as you continue your wait. Your time will come and little Trey will be in your arms forever soon. Keep your positive, upbeat thoughts. Those will keep you going. Take care & good luck!
Post a Comment