I have been venting to my mom over the past few months that we have put our lives on hold as we wait for our return trip to Russia. We always preface things with "as long we're not in Russia, we should be able to do (blank)". As I have talked with my mom, her advice has been to just make lots of plans and then, maybe we'll get some news on Russia.
Well, we don't have any news on Russia, but we have definitely made some big plans recently. About a week ago, we decided to buy a new home! We are actually closing on our new place on Jan. 29th! If this doesn't speed the adoption along....I don't know what will! Anyway, it could be a really great thing because our new place is much larger than our current home, so it would be a great place to raise our son. It might be a little bit crazy in the next few weeks....but I can honestly say that it has taken my mind off this crazy wait that we are enduring. We have secured our financing and we have picked out some appliances, which has definitely been keeping us busy during this difficult time.
If we end up leaving for Russia before we close on our new home...that's ok...because we can simply have our attorney stand in at the closing and we'll move later (because our current home is not sold). If we don't leave for Russia before the end of the month, we can move and be somewhat settled before we bring our son home. Either way, we win! We will have a very exciting 2008! Building our family in a brand new home.... We're pretty excited about what 2008 will bring. :o)
We'll keep you posted on all of this madness. All in all, we are extremely excited about everything that will be taking place this spring. So......"Thanks Mom! Your advice is being followed."
Take Care and God Bless!
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
That IS exciting news. I assume this house isn't a fixer upper. Now that WOULD be a busy life for you for a long time, eh? Congratulations.
Congratulations. This is an exciting start to 2008! Way to keep your thoughts busy during the wait!
WOW!!!! Congratulations! This will definitely keep you busy until you go back to Vlad! :O) So happy for you!
What good news! This will help you have a fresh new start for 2008. I'm sure you won't regret having a larger home. Your mom sounds like a very wise woman.
I check your blog hourly expecting to see an update. I'm getting excited. Have you heard any news?
What exciting news! Your 2008 is already very busy!
Post a Comment