Wednesday, January 16, 2008

God's Clock

I received this devotion from Fellowship of Christian Athletes. It seems very appropriate that it has to do with "waiting". God has a way of getting our attention, now doesn't he? I want to pass it along to you.

Enjoy!

God's Clock
Tuesday, January 15th, 2008

READY: “Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” -Psalm 27:14

SET: Does the word “wait” cause the hair on the back of your neck to stand up? It does mine. As an endurance athlete, a lot of my training can last for several hours. An example would be this past weekend. I am a few weeks away from a marathon, and I had a 20-mile run scheduled. Before the first mile was completed I was already thinking, “Wouldn’t it be great if this was mile 19 and I only had one mile to go?” I was wishing that I could fast-forward through my run and just see the end results.

I later began to wonder how many times we do this with God. As Christians, many of us donate our time to minister, teach, serve and study God’s Word. How many of us sometimes just go through the motions or ask God to fast-forward us through troubling times? We think we are just too busy to “wait” on God, and we just want to see the end results. I’m sure we have all learned from experience that God’s clock is not always running on the same time as ours. We must be willing to wait for the Lord, and He will get us through our situations.

Today, be thankful God doesn’t use our clock. For a lot of us, without Him, our time would already be up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great verse. I have it hanging on my kitchen cupboards. I should have shared it with you earlier. I know that you are waiting for your son, and you know what I wait for. May it be in God's perfect time...but sooner rather than later!! ;) Love Ya!! Nikki

Carey and Norman said...

Love the post. I think not only is it good to know that God has a perfect plan, but he has a set time for our plan to take place. I liked the last comment where it said that our time on earth would be finished if God went by our clocks!! Very true. It is amazing how an hour seems so long waiting for the Call at work, yet an hour doing an activity we love flies by.

Thanks for sharing!

junglemama said...

Encouraging post. Thanks.