Sunday, October 18, 2009

The past month has definitely been full of activity. I am still in the middle of my volleyball season, which makes life "extra crazy". Trey is also in the midst of 1st grade, swim lessons, and spending a great deal of time with sitters. Shane is also working hard.

Therefore, we really cherish our Sundays when we can all spend time together. On Sundays, we go to church and then typically spend the day getting odd jobs done, watching football, and playing together. Today, we went to church. Then, we ordered a pizza and threw on the Vikings game. After lunch, Shane and Trey stayed home and played/watched the game while I took off to the grocery store. (Sundays are also my grocery day.) When I got home, Trey and I spent some time building with some of his building toys. The three of us then had dinner together, watched some T.V. and then after Trey's bath, we spent some time reading bedtime stories. Trey loves reading! He loves spelling and is often asking how to spell words that he is interested in. Overall, we had a very fun, low-key day...which was awesome! We love Sundays!

Nonetheless, life is good. Trey is doing really well in school. He is making more friends and really enjoying his teacher. She is truly awesome! My volleyball season has had it's ups and downs. However, we are currently playing really well and I'm so excited about our potential as we get closer to our conference tournament, etc. I truly hope that we play our best volleyball here at the end of the season. :o) Shane continues to do well at work and really loves selling Audis....so all is well. Oh..on a side note.... Trey was so cute last week at one of my matches. He typically sits in the bleachers with Shane. However, we allowed him to stand on the court with the players during the National Anthem. He held hands with the players on either side of him. Then, just like the rest of the players...he tossed a mini-volleyball into the stands and shook all of the opponent players' hands prior to the match. It was sooooo cute! Of course, after that, he joined Shane in the stands. It was really cute, though. :o)

On a different note, Trey and I picked out his Halloween costume last Saturday. He really wanted to be a skeleton this year. (I have no idea why...). Therefore, we found a skeleton costume for him. It was about the scariest option that I would allow him to have. Nonetheless, I'm excited that he found a costume that he likes. Last year, he had no idea of what Halloween was all about.....He was a fireman last year and he didn't even keep his costume on because he just didn't get it. I can't wait to take him trick-or-treating this year.

We hope that you and your family are doing well!

God's Blessings,
Shane, Kathy, and Trey

3 comments:

Roger and Joanne said...

I love hearing how well your son and family are doing. Thanks for the update.
This year...Reese & Niko will have no clue what Halloween is about and will just go through the motions, I suppose. I think, with all the holidays, it'll be the second ones they spend with us that'll be more exciting because they have a better idea of what they are about. Like Trey knowing to pick out a costume and what to be.
Good luck the rest of the season with volleyball!

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

I never understood what was so offensive about a skeleton ... thank GOD we all have one. His divine design! Flaunt it Trey! We love Sundays too. We have Sunday school (we teach), service, lunch, NAPS/MOVIES IN BED, Awanas (we are directors for Sparks club k-2) and then snacks! Even though it is busy ... it is all done together. Sundays are special!

Troy and Rachel said...

So glad to see the update - you all are just so busy, busy!! I understand why blogging takes the backseat! Isn't it wonderful that Trey is into sports like his mom! It amazes me how our children just fit right in! Happy Holidays!