Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our Little Vikings Fan!




I realize that it has been a while since I have posted pictures...and these Vikings photos might not be "the best"....but I couldn't resist. Shane is a HUGE Vikings fan (he's from MN) and today Trey put on the horns and braids. The opportunity to snap a photo was too tempting....Therefore, we have our little Vikings fan all decked out for the blog! Enjoy!

By the way, you might notice that Trey is missing a couple of bottom teeth. I call him "Our Little Jack-O-Lantern". Let's just say that the tooth fairy has made a couple of stops at our house lately. :O)

In general, life is good. We are extremely busy with school, volleyball season, swim lessons, volleyball season, etc. etc. etc. Yes, I realize that I wrote "volleyball season" twice. It's just that time of year when we are constantly on-the-go. I must say that Trey has been amazing through it all! He is really thriving in 1st grade. He loves learning! He is reading so well! It's funny because he is always asking us how to spell certain words. Today, he actually asked how to spell the word "OK". Hah! My response was "O-K". Oh the joys! Trey brings home math games and small books and we have a great time working on his 1st grade work. He really is excelling. What a change in a year and a half! We are so happy with all that he has done.

Today, Trey and I went to a movie to simply enjoy our Sunday afternoon. We saw the movie "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs". It's always so much fun to go to movies with him. I can honestly say that I have been to the movie theater more times in the past year than I had in the previous 5 years! It's fun to go to the theater, get our popcorn, and watch the movie together. He also thinks that it's a real treat...so it's a great reward for his good behavior. By the way, we really enjoyed the movie. (My favorite movie that we have seen together is "UP"--Hands down...This is such a cute movie!)

My volleyball season is going really well. We are almost at the half-way point in our season. It's such a crazy time of year. However, it's so much more enjoyable when my team is doing well. So far, we are off to a good start. :) Please pray for us this week.... We've got some big conference matches coming up! ;) Trey typically doesn't come to my practices and he only comes to my home matches (with Shane). However, yesterday, I brought him to my practice. We set up a little area on the side where he had movies, paper & crayons, toys, etc. to keep him entertained. I have to say that he did REALLY well for my 2 hour practice. He is really maturing and becoming more independent. It was great to see him behaving so well. He has changed SO MUCH over the past year and a half!

Well, It's getting late.... I hope that you are all doing well! God's Blessings this week! We'll try to post again soon.

1 comment:

Roger and Joanne said...

Oh my! That first picture is a riot! I love it!

Busy, busy...that's what life is like with little ones, huh? You all seem to be handling it so well. Could Trey be any better? I seriously doubt it...one smart cookie you have there.

Good luck on your upcoming conferences.