Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Trying to Get Into the Christmas Spirit

It's been so long since I have posted. However, to be honest, I haven't really felt like writing. Thanksgiving was good. We went to my sister's house and spent the day with my entire family. However, on the day after Thanksgiving, Shane lost his job. Therefore, it's been such a weird time for us. We have been searching for a new job and nothing seems to be working out. Shane has never had a hard time finding a job. However, with the economy....it's totally different right now. (The economy is the reason that he lost his job....the dealership is having severe difficulties and has let go of many employees.) Anyway, we thought that this might be a good time for Shane to explore a new line of work. Therefore, he has his resume' at several different places, along with some auto dealerships. We are really hoping that something works out soon. He has now been out of work for a week and a half and Christmas is coming. I haven't done any Christmas shopping and to be perfectly honest, I haven't felt like it.

On a positive side, we have had some wonderful family time lately. Typically, Shane works two evenings per week. Therefore, we don't always have a lot of time together. However, we have really taken advantage of the opportunity to be together. Last night, Trey had a special program at school titled "Night School". They brought in several nocturnal animals and had a variety of "night-time" activities for the parents and kids. All three of us enjoyed the festivities and we got some great pictures of the night. Trey was able to see an alligator. He pet a chinchilla, two snakes (YIKES!), two ferrets, and a variety of other creatures. He also made some art projects as well.

We are definitely praying that a wonderful job for Shane comes about this week. We would appreciate your prayers as well.

We hope that your Christmas season is happy and blessed. We know that everything happens for a reason and the Lord is watching over us. We are just trying to wait patiently for His perfect timing in this situation. He certainly blessed us with our wonderful little boy. He will most certainly take care of us during this time as well.

10 comments:

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

That is so hard. I can't imagine having to deal with that scenario and especially this time of year. I hope you get awesome opputunities to see your 'Jehovah Jireh' at work on your behalf! Merry Christmas!

Troy and Rachel said...

We'll be praying for a good job to come along quickly for Shane. It's been tough lately and I know several people have lost their jobs. Keep us posted...

Anonymous said...

We are SO sorry to hear this latest development. It's hard to realize this now, but it means something even BETTER is waiting for you. You're all in our prayers and we know you'll come through this rough time just fine. Lots of love, Aunt Martha

Carey and Norman said...

So sorry to hear about Shane's job. We will pray for a good job to be offered or made available to him. It is always hard to understand why we go through obstacles, but we have to focus on God and his plan for us!!

We will also pray for peace as I know it adds additional stress during the holidays.

Amy said...

Hi Kathy, I found your blog through another blog I read -- and just wanted to say hi. I am currently waiting for trip #2 in Vlad!

Sorry to hear about Shane's job. I live in Detroit, so unfortunately, I feel your struggle with the industry. Scary stuff. Hoping he'll hear something soon about a great lead.

Amy

Anne said...

Sorry to hear about Shane's job. Hopefully his new line of work will bring many new opportunities. You're in my prayers!

junglemama said...

Wow--- I do hope he finds a job. WHat a wonderful Christmas present that would be for your whole family.

Roger and Joanne said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Shane's job loss. These are indeed tough times, but the love the three of you have now will get you through. I pray and hope he hears good news soon about a job. Stay in touch...

Pam said...

So sorry about Shane's job. As someone who was recently laid off and had to search for a new job...I do understand the hardship that it can bring on! I wish you guys the best and will pray for the right job to come along for Shane. I miss you guys! Your previous social worker...Pam

Joel and Clarion said...

You guys are in our prayers for sure! Trust in the Lord who has done such wonderful things in your life!