On Wednesday night, we had our normal bedtime routine. I laid Trey down to sleep and he laid there wiggling his tooth. Shane offered to help him pull it (I couldn't even look!!!). However, Trey declined and chose to work on it himself. Then, it was time for sleep. I told Trey that he should leave it alone and it would probably come out "tomorrow". We said our "goodnights" and we left the room. About 10 minutes later, I was sitting in our computer room and Trey came flying into the room saying, "Mom, Mom, My tooth came out!" Sure enough....he had wiggled that tooth until it came out.
Therefore, (after a few photos!) we put his tooth into a ziplock bag, put it under his pillow, and then he laid back down in bed. We talked about the tooth fairy and Trey started asking about what she is like.
Trey: "Is she like a mouse?"
Mom: "No."
Trey: "Is she like a snowman?"
Mom: "No. She is kind of like an angel. Do you know what an angel is?"
Trey: "Yes. What kind of money will she give me? Round money or paper money or like Mama's money?" (referring to a debit card....YIKES!)
Mom: "Not like Mama's money....but let's go to sleep and see what she brings."
Trey: "When is going to come?"
Mom: "After you go to sleep. She won't come until you are sleeping."
Trey laid so still and basically made the decision that he was going to fall asleep quickly. I told him goodnight and he was literally asleep within a few minutes. (He has NEVER fallen asleep that fast before!)
Of course the tooth fairy arrived after Trey fell asleep. Then, in the middle of the night, Trey came running into our room, saying, "Mom! Mom! I got money!" He laid it on the night stand by our bed and then ran back to bed! (He knows that he is supposed to stay in his bed all night.) The next morning, we talked about his dollar that he received.
What a fun night! And...of course, it was all a very big deal when Trey went to school on Thursday too.
I am including some photos that we took immediately after Trey lost his tooth. I am also including a photo of Trey and his teacher. This picture was taken at his Thanksgiving program last night.
Enjoy!





5 comments:
How fun...it looks like more than just Santa is coming (or came) to visit Trey this year!! It tickles me to hear how excited he was!!
Such a curious and creative little boy! Too funny! I loved the questions he asked. Yes...can't wait to hear what he thinks about Christmas night. I dunno...is it the same tradition in Russia for the children?
What a happy fella! Aren't kids such a huge blessing? I can not imagine life without them! I feel so blessed to have them in our life - all six of them!
Polina just lost a tooth about an hour ago and wanted to make sure we all saw it! What does the "tooth fairy" pay now days anyway???
God Bless -
Love Trey's Tooth Fairy questions - what great memories to hold onto.
I LOVE it. The day the Tooth Fairy starts leaving plastic is the day I start helping a few of my own teeth fall out (assuming that the bills are paid by the Tooth Fairy too.) ;)
Post a Comment