**Updated....Just to let you know.... Trey was a fireman for Halloween. I'll try to post some pictures of him in his costume soon. :o) **
Ok. I'm a really bad blogger..... I can't believe that it's been so long since I last posted. I apologize. We have been very busy and time has literally gotten away from me. Since I last posted, Trey had his first Halloween. Unfortunately, I wasn't even around for it. I was sooooo sad about this. I had a volleyball tournament down in St. Louis on the 31st and 1st. Therefore, I packed up all of his things early in the morning, kissed him goodbye, and surrendered his first Halloween to someone else. Shane took Trey to school that day and, unfortunately, had to work in the evening as well. We had made arrangements for Trey to go trick-or-treating with a classmate and his family. As expected, they had a blast! It took a while for Trey to get into the routine of trick-or-treating. He had no idea of what to do. However, once he caught on...he loved it! When Shane went to pick him up, they were all back home and enjoying some pizza. And....Trey accumulated A LOT of candy! We still don't know what to do with all of it! YIKES! I'm so glad that Trey had fun. I was just REALLY sad to have missed this holiday.
The following week brought one of our blog friends to our campus. Joel came to our campus to do some recruiting. Therefore, he contacted us ahead of time to see if we would be around. Joel and Clarion recently adopted 2 boys from Russia and we have kept in touch through our blogs...however, we had never met in-person. On the day that Joel was here, Shane was able to make the trip in to campus as well. Therefore, all 3 of us were able to meet Joel. We were so sad that we couldn't meet their entire family (because the 3 boys would have had a blast!), but we are hoping to get together at some point again and introduce all of the kids. Nonetheless, we had a great visit with Joel and are so happy for their family!
My volleyball season ended last Thursday, so life is gradually beginning to slow down. I am definitely welcoming more free time and more quality time with Trey. I just LOVE picking him up after school and going home together. We have done so much juggling lately with babysitters, etc. I have really missed our little boy and have longed for some more "mommy/son" time. We are enjoying the less hectic routine and more time at home. :o)
I must say that Trey has been a real trooper throughout all of the juggling and has really gone with the flow. However, over the past 2 weeks, he has been a little more wound up. He has realized that he can make his friends laugh when he does silly things at school or in Sunday School. Therefore, we are working with trying to get him to listen better and act more appropriately. He is a very witty guy and could be labeled "the class clown". However, we are trying to explain that there are appropriate times to be funny and times to just sit quietly and listen. It doesn't help that his friends tend to urge him on with his silliness. Oh....the joy of parenthood.... He really isn't doing anything mean or hurtful. He's just getting a little goofy when he should be listening. I hope that this behavior settles down soon.
Otherwise, we are doing very well. We are getting very excited for the holidays and all of the festivities that go along with them. Trey and I have recently been noting all of the beautiful Christmas decorations in the stores. He wants to touch everything...so we are learning to just look and not touch so much. But, he definitely loves all of the colors and lights. :o)
God's Blessings,
Shane, Kathy, and Trey
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I know it made you sad to miss Trey's first Halloween, but it sounds like he was with some great people. Speaking of holidays he wasn't familiar with, I'm sure Thanksgiving will be a great one for all of you. So much to be thankful for this year especially! It was great to get the update.
Lots of love, Aunt Martha
Trey sounds pretty normal and it's great that he can let loose, although tricky for parents to teach them the appropriate time - I know you are doing a great job though. Glad you can slow down a little before the holidays!
I could see Trey fitting the class clown as he is so personable and lively.
Sorry you missed your first Halloween. I know how hard it is to miss holiday celebrations.
Glad to hear that your season went well and you are now enjoying more time at home with Trey. Just in time for the holidays!!
It is nice that volleyball wraps up before the REALLY good holidays! Now you can do all those fun holiday traditions with him and the great part is that he will be old enough to remember them right off the bat!
Hi again. I forgot to ask in yesterday's comment~~~what did Trey dress up as for trick or treating?
Love, Aunt Martha
Post a Comment