Sorry for the lack of posts. It just seems like the summer is moving so fast. We are doing our best just to keep up. As you can see from the new photo (above), we recently had family photos taken. The athletic department at Concordia gave us a photo shoot as a gift when we returned home from Russia. We took all of our photos in downtown Chicago and they turned out really great! We are so excited to have these photos and it's awesome that they were in such a beautiful place (down by the Chicago River and in Millenium Park).
Trey is doing very well overall. He seems to be learning English extremely fast. Some people that we encounter don't even realize that he is newly adopted from Russia. He is communicating very well!
I have also spent some time reflecting on his adjustment compared to other adoptive children that we know. It seems that Trey is having no trouble with attachment. He is very "huggy" and "kissy" with us. He seems to have bonded with us....
I would say that his biggest issue is his curious behavior. He does things like: * pushing all of the buttons on the credit card machines in check-out lines, basically just pushing any buttons that he sees,
* just walking into my co-worker's offices and touching everything (even getting in their desk drawers)
* attempting to drive the golf carts that are parked around campus (of course, this would be a BIG "no-no". I am lucky that I can catch him before he gets to the carts.
* Etc., Etc.
It just seems as though his curiosity gets the best of him and it causes him to A.) have poor manners and B.) put himself into dangerous situations. I really hope that the excitement for these things wears off, so he will act more like a typical 6 year old. (Trey's lucky that I typically have running shoes on!) Yikes!
Other than that....Trey is really doing well! He is doing extremely well at school. He is making friends and seems to be fairly popular in his class. (At least, this is what his teacher says). In fact, his teacher calls him the "Mayor of Concordia". Whenever their class goes somewhere on-campus. Trey talks to people and knows many of their names. He is very out-going! :o)
All in all, we can't complain, though. He really is a joy and we are having a wonderful summer together.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
What is it about buttons? My Dima is the same way! He has gotten better, but at first, every button in sight was pushed. Glad to hear he has bonded so well. You can see the happiness in his face!
God Bless -
Tony B.
How nice that you got the photo shoot and I love the family photo! I'm glad the bonding has gone so well and the curiousity may never fully go away which is great - maybe the button thing will slow down though!! Keep those running shoes on!!
Glad to hear that everything continues to go so well for you guys. We're so happy for you. We love checking your blog and seeing all of the pictures with all of Trey's big smiles. Blessings!
Our son is a button pusher too! Remotes, computers, you name it, he pushes it!
Love the family photo. You all look so happy together.
Trey's behaviour sounds totally normal for someone who has spent so little time in the 'real world'. It's as if he is having the experiences and reactions one would normally expect a toddler to have - except your 'toddler' has much longer arms and faster legs!
Still, at least it will keep you fit! :)
Love the family photo!! You all definitely look like you belong together. :) Busy times, yes, I know about those! Take care!
Shane and Kathy,
We are the couple that met you in Vlad on your court day. We were completing our 1st trip and flying out. We were all in the lobby together. My husband snapped a very nice picture of the three of you and I have been meaning to email it to you. If you send me your email address, I will forward you the picture. I check in on your blog from time to time and it sounds like Trey is doing fantastic. God Bless, Debbie and David Metzger debmdo@bellsouth.net
Shane and Kathy,
We are the couple that met you in Vlad on your court day. We were completing our 1st trip and flying out. We were all in the lobby together. My husband snapped a very nice picture of the three of you and I have been meaning to email it to you. If you send me your email address, I will forward you the picture. I check in on your blog from time to time and it sounds like Trey is doing fantastic. God Bless, Debbie and David Metzger debmdo@bellsouth.net
Shane and Kathy,
We are the couple that met you in Vlad on your court day. We were completing our 1st trip and flying out. We were all in the lobby together. My husband snapped a very nice picture of the three of you and I have been meaning to email it to you. If you send me your email address, I will forward you the picture. I check in on your blog from time to time and it sounds like Trey is doing fantastic. God Bless, Debbie and David Metzger debmdo@bellsouth.net
Post a Comment