Thursday, September 20, 2007

Court Petition

Well, just as I report that we have no news..... we are starting to make progress again! Yesterday, we received our Petition for Court! :o) We needed to proof-read it, make corrections, then--sign, notarize, and apostille this document....then send it back in. Obviously, I hustled up to get this done. I left our house this morning at 7:00 a.m. to get to the Secretary of State's office in downtown Chicago. It's about 45 miles away. IT TOOK ME 2 HOURS to get there! Yikes! (I love road construction...coupled with Chicago traffic!) I didn't get to work until 10:30 a.m. What an ordeal! Nevertheless, I put the court petition in the mail...and hopefully, it will get to Russia soon.

We still have a few more things to complete before travelling on our 2nd trip, but we are just waiting for the "go ahead" to do them. Everything is so time-sensitive. It's like, "hurry up and wait".....then, "hurry up and wait".

Anyway, I just wanted to pass along the good news that we sent in another document relative to our court hearing! :o)

Have a GREAT Day!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey! Thanks for the email...I'm glad to know where you are in blogland, so we can keep up with ya! Once we got Iliya's court petition AND medical documents sent in, it didn't take too long to get a court date. So hopefully, you won't be waiting TOO much longer - I'm sure a lot depends on the judge you get... But it sounds like things are rolling right along!! :)

Take care!