



I didn't mean to leave you hanging with my eye issue. I wore my glasses for about 8 days, then I attempted to put my contacts back in. My eye is completely healed and doing much better. :o) Thanks for all of your well-wishes regarding my eye.
I also wanted to include some new pictures of Trey. The top picture is Trey's first school picture (kindergarten). I thought that it turned out really cute. In fact, all of the kids' pictures that I saw were really great! The photographer did a really nice job.
The rest of these pictures were taken last Sunday. Trey and I ventured out on our bikes to the playground. I took my camera along to capture some of our fun moments. I have to admit....we took about a zillion pictures of Trey during our first couple months and now, the picture taking has definitely tapered off. I really need to keep my camera more handy to keep up with Trey's growth and his fun adventures!
Speaking of Trey's growth, last Sunday, we measured him and weighed him. Since we came home in April, Trey has grown 2 inches and gained 4 pounds! He is noticeably bigger! We try to pick him up and it's getting harder and harder. :o)
Trey is really doing well and has made such great strides in his language development. He is starting to sound and act like he has been here in America all along! It's crazy how he has adapted to all of these changes! Trey is also doing really well with the whole "my mom is a coach" thing. The first volleyball match that he ever attended...he sprinted out onto the court during a time-out because he wanted to be with mama. Fortunately, Shane was about a foot behind him...scooped him up and took him outside. Now, Trey can sit in the bleachers, watching the game, or playing with toys, or literally cheering "Go Cougars!". He has come to understand the routine of volleyball matches and seems to be enjoying the experience as the coach's son. It also doesn't hurt that he gets to talk to 20 college age girls after the match either. :o) My players have been really sweet to Trey and his reciprocates their affection.
Well, I better get back to work now. Today, is a fairly slow day. I have given the team the weekend off (for Homecoming). So, it should be a fun weekend!
Take Care and God Bless,
Kathy


7 comments:
You sure have a cutie there! It's so wonderful to hear how well he's getting along and the attachment almost seems like it's not an issue any more. You must be wonderful parents. I think Trey was 5 when you got him, right? So, after all the classes I've attended, for an "older" child it seems like he has practically no issues. You've definitely been blessed.
Alll the best,
Joanne
Trey looks so grown up. You'd never guess he was in Kindergarten.
I'm so glad all is going well and Trey is enjoying your volleyball season!
What a handsome boy he is! So glad that he's adjusted to EVERYTHING so well! :)
Trey is a real cutie - his eyes are just lit up in every photo! Thanks for leaving the message for me - I need all the advice I can get to help the transition into our famly. especially with the language barrier.
Barb
His kindergarten picture turned our great! It is amazing how they adapt and then fit right in in no time. So glad your eye is better and things are going well.
He is such a beautiful boy. His eyes just shine. Yours do too when you are holding him close. I just praise the Lord for bringing you all together at last! The cow in the glasses is too much! ;)
Boy is he growing up fast! Glad to hear things are going so well for y'all. No matter what his age, I am sure he enjoys the attention of your team! God Bless -
Post a Comment