Ahh...each day still seems so far away from the date that we get to return to Russia! It's so hard when the date is "unknown". We don't know if we will be waiting until Nov, Dec, Jan, .....who knows? We are really praying that we will be able to bring Trey home by Christmas. We are SOOOOOO ready!
I was talking to my brother, Mike, the other night about the waiting. It's not like we have been waiting 9 months, such as a traditional pregnancy. We have been in the adoption process for 16 months! (and counting....) Also, when we really look at it, Shane and I have been trying to have kids for over 3 years now. We have spent so much time with doctors, so much money (again with doctors....and with mounds of paperwork and investigations), and so much time in prayer about this. WE ARE READY! We really want to reap the benefits of all of this and get the reward.....our little guy! :o) We know that the time is coming. We just have to be patient.
It's been a wild ride to building a family......and with all of our frustrations, Shane has kept me grounded to remind me that "this was God's plan all along". It just seems as the most difficult process. For all of you reading that could have kids easily or even had an "accident", you can consider yourselves blessed. You will never understand the heartache that others have to go through to complete their dreams of parenthood. I try my hardest not to be bitter....because again....It's all in God's plan, right? We know that there was a reason in all of this. And....in the end, Trey needs a home. We have lots of love to give and we feel that we are the perfect parents for him. It's going to be so much fun to raise him! :o)
I just keep my eyes on the prize.....our little Trey! He's the most adorable boy and soon he will be ours. We can't wait! Hopefully, we will have good news soon.
Take Care and God Bless!
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Kathy and Shane,
Your newest post really touched me. I'd like to say something to ease your burden but since I haven't been where you are, all I can really do is to keep holding you up to God in prayers. Remember, even before you first saw Trey, God was watching over him, and He knew that in the fullness of time he and you would meet. In the interim He's guided both you and he to the place where you are now. God won't forsake you now! Even this waiting phase is part of His plan. Remember, you're surrounded with love and prayers from ALL sides!
Lots of love always, Tom and Martha
Believe me, I know how that wait goes. It's tough!! But hopefully you will have some good news, soon. It's hard to believe we met y'all a little more than 3 months ago. Time flies so quickly - before you know it, Trey will be home, and the wait will disappear. Hang in there!
Oh, I know that wait all too well too! I am so sorry you are going through this and pray it ends soon! I hope you get your call very soon so you can return to Trey and bring him home. The good news is when you do, all of the waiting will fade away, and you will know that within days you will have your son in your arms forever. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Trey with his Mommy and Daddy soon!
Post a Comment